Do I need a lawyer to buy/sell notes?

Do I need a lawyer to buy/sell notes?

Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 0 votes

Hello dear BP friends!

I've been tiptoeing around investing into notes for quite some time and finally ready for the plunge. Here's my question: since I'm a "newbie", do I need to have a lawyer reviewing the paperwork on the note(s) or is it something I could do on my own?

Cheers,

Josh

0Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Fargo, ND · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    No...  Honestly... For YOUR protection get one. It is a tax deduction too. PROTECT #1 (1) one..... YOU.....

  • Real Estate Investor · Fargo, ND · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Josh -

    Put a picture up. This is the out most responsible site that you will find. No cheaters here. 

    We are believers, go getters, success stories and more.

    We at biggerpockets trust that YOU are a real friend. TRUST the 700,000 plus of us.

    Bryan

  • Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bryan S.:

    No...  Honestly... For YOUR protection get one. It is a tax deduction too. PROTECT #1 (1) one..... YOU.....

     Thank you Byan! I wonder if anyone could spam me with a name or two - of the real estate attorneys with whom you worked in the past (or maybe still working)?

    Thanks!
    Josh

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.