I've been doing a good amount of research on real estate, and it all becomes a bit overwhelming. I found this site and have seen a good amount of people who seem to be headed in the right direction. My issue is I don't know where to start! There is so much information out there , and while writing this on the forums I would guess I am starting by networking. I see people with companies, attorneys, contracts, which all seem to be the standard. When dealing with a person who is selling their home, I want to give them a professional experience. I am hoping someone can share some insight not just from an article, but of their own personal experience to help anyone like me get in the right direction.
1) Sign up for a Real Estate class at your local community college. The more you learn about the laws and regulations of Real Estate, the better.
2) Save as much money as you can. If you plan on being a Real Estate Investor, you'll need money to invest. If you don't have the ability to save enough to buy a property (difficult, I know) you should also apply to be pre-approved for a mortgage. That will allow you to know how much you can spend.
3) Even if you plan on being a wholesaler and not actually a Real Estate Investor, you'll need some money to put your plan in action. So, you'll still need to save some cash. There's no way around that part of it. Save, save, save.
4) Read as much as you can here at Bigger Pockets. There is so much information available here, it would be a shame to not take advantage of it.
5) Did I mention Save, save, save?
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!