Probates w/ PO boxes -how do you figure out actual address?

5 Replies

some sort of skip tracing? Contact the attorney? Sounds like something they wouldn't just divulge. Just market to/through them while you're there and hope the property is within your farm zone? What do you guys do? I just started checking these out in the public notices. Thanks 

My favorite way of tracking down heirs is through the obituaries.

Many list the spouses and heirs along with city and state.

Then, truth be told, there are so many ways to find them online.  There's not too many ways to hide these days.

Here are some of the simpler ways:

Whitepages/anywho/zabasearch/etc

If you know what city or state the heir lives in, look up their name in the property appraisers site and manytimes you'll find them.

Amazingly enough, Google is one of the most overlooked places to look up someone.  

Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/etc

I have been successful with a combination of these tools and others in finding 85-90% of my skips without needing pay for skip services.  (Though I do have a private eye on retainer and some of the cooler skiptrace tools as well)  I feel more personal accomplishment finding them myself.

Originally posted by @David Dey :

My favorite way of tracking down heirs is through the obituaries.

Many list the spouses and heirs along with city and state.

Then, truth be told, there are so many ways to find them online.  There's not too many ways to hide these days.

Here are some of the simpler ways:

Whitepages/anywho/zabasearch/etc

If you know what city or state the heir lives in, look up their name in the property appraisers site and manytimes you'll find them.

Amazingly enough, Google is one of the most overlooked places to look up someone.  

Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/etc

I have been successful with a combination of these tools and others in finding 85-90% of my skips without needing pay for skip services.  (Though I do have a private eye on retainer and some of the cooler skiptrace tools as well)  I feel more personal accomplishment finding them myself.

Thanks David, I'll look into yoir suggestions. ...are you saying cross check the probates with obituaries? Or just do a separate campaign starting from obituaries? 

@Benjamin Cowles  

411,white page,anywho,been verified,that's them.com you will need to use them together l..once you get the hang of them.it works for me real good!! These are free sites

If you have a iPhone or android phone you will be able to download the app for free on your phone Been verified

Originally posted by @Jimmy Cantave :

@Benjamin Cowles 

411,white page,anywho,been verified,that's them.com you will need to use them together l..once you get the hang of them.it works for me real good!! These are free sites

If you have a iPhone or android phone you will be able to download the app for free on your phone Been verified

thanks!