CPA suggestions for the Tampa Bay area?

CPA suggestions for the Tampa Bay area?

Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 6 votes

Hey guys,

One of the properties we are getting rid of closes within the next 30 days. $360k will be capital gains profit and I need to find the best way to reinvest (flipping & buy/hold) without taking a huge tax hit. 

Does anyone local know of any good accountants in the Tampa Bay area who are REI friendly?

All suggestions, how long you've worked with them, etc. would be helpful. I always prefer word-of-mouth referrals over google searches when possible.

Thanks in advance!

- KB 

0Reply
78 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
10y

you should definitely look into doing a 1031 exchange! I'm looking to switch over to Widget Bookkeeping and Tax. Charles has been very helpful and friendly with info and I'm not even a client yet. He specializes in REI. 727.953.9493

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    10y

    you should definitely look into doing a 1031 exchange! I'm looking to switch over to Widget Bookkeeping and Tax. Charles has been very helpful and friendly with info and I'm not even a client yet. He specializes in REI. 727.953.9493

  • Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    For an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

    Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

    Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

    If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

    For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

    So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

    Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Hi,

    If you have any question on the 1031 exchange process I will be more that happy to answer. We are the Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchange we work nationally  and I am at the Fort Lauderdale office in Florida.

    Have a good day.

  • Dave FosterBusiness Member
    Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchanges · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    10y

    Hi @Kristen B.,

    If you want to stay local then Vanessa Long at 727-415-3975 is the go to CPA for one of my large investors here.  If you need any international work then you'll not find a finer firm than Susan Poskus at Roberge/Poskus in St. Petersburg.  

    If you're wanting general consulting on business strategy for your REI business then Linda Goldfarb at LSG consulting might be a good phone call.

    We consult with you as a qualified intermediary for 1031 exchanges  helping you through the strategy for that aspect if you're wanting to limit your tax exposure on your upcoming sale.  

    Again, these are just some local contacts.  There are many fine professionals who would be able to assist you who are not local to the Tampa Bay area

    Holler if I can assist further

    Dave

    The 1031 Investor5137 Reviews
  • Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 164 votes
    10y

    Bump.

    I'm definitely in the market for a REI-friendly CPA.

    Any other recommendations out there?

    THANKS!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.