New to Houston & New to Investing

New to Houston & New to Investing

Katy, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hi All, First I would like to say I love this forum and all the great feedback. My family just moved to TX, and I'm looking to start investing in RE. Wanted to find out what would be the best steps to kick this into gear quickly. I think I'd like to buy and hold just because I can't personally rehab(not a big DIY fix-it guy). Also realistically, how much cash should I have to begin, and would SF or Multifamily be a better option? Thanks in advance!
0Reply
26 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 269 posts · 31 votes
    10y
    Arthur Romanov Hello good sir!! We are super excited to have you apart of the BP family now! I'm a fellow HOUSTONIAN as well, actually out of the Energy Corridor. Initially I began my investing career looking into fix and flips, then shifted my attention to the Notes side of the business. I found that area to be an excellent opportunity to create passive income and strong capital gains. Looking forward to connecting with you, who knows maybe even do a deal together!
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Houston!

    I believe there is a BP  Houston meet tonight. I am new to BP also, trying to see if its true. Will get back to you as soon as I know something. I sent the guy in charge of it a message.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    Found it.

    location- Pub Fiction

    Address-2303 Smith St

    Time- today Wed. 6:30-9

    Go to meetup.com and look for Real estate investors of Houston. Sorry dont know how to add the link from my phone.

  • Homeowner · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 89 posts · 19 votes
    10y
    Here you go: http://meetu.ps/2QPwjQ Welcome to BP Arthur Romanov !
  • Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 172 posts · 51 votes
    10y

    Hi @Arthur Romanov welcome to BP this is definitely a place where you can learn. My suggestion for deciding which style of real estate investing best fits you is to read different books such as books on flips, multifamily properties and books on being a landlord. I wish you much success on your future real estate endeavors and if I can be of help just let me know.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 28 posts · 23 votes
    10y

    Welcome @Arthur Romanov!

    Narrow down what you think your perfect house would look like (from a number's perspective) and then get in touch with people who can help you find deals. Use this forum extensively, there is tons of information. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all! 

    All the best!

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 227 posts · 66 votes
    10y

    @Arthur Romanov Welcome to BP! Make sure to read the Ultimate Guide for Real Estate Investing at www.biggerpockets.com/UBG. That guide will give you the overview of how you can invest in real estate and take the route best suited for yourself.

    Good Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.