Motivated Beginner from Dallas, Tx!-Mentors wanted! Advice needed

Motivated Beginner from Dallas, Tx!-Mentors wanted! Advice needed

Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Hey everyone,

My name is Jeff Mann and I was born and raised in Dallas, Tx. I just finished my enlistment with United States Air Force, living in Colorado for the past 4 years, and now ready to start my journey in Real Estate Investing. Seeing my dad having a couple rental properties at a young age (15ish) sparked my interest, then reading Rich Dad Poor Dad just added fuel to the flame. I think one of the most appealing aspects to REI is the lifestyle that it can bring, and all of the opportunities to grow.

Since I am in the beginning of my real estate investing career, i thinking wholesaling and   flipping single family residences will be the better option, just for the fact that I am trying gain some capital. Advice on this? Then later get into rental properties and further down the road get into Multi-family properties.

A few questions that i have right now:

1. Should I email agents in my area and ask them to put me on their buyers list? and What all should i put in the email? $ Range? 

2. When it comes to hard money loans, are there any companies that are preferred by most? 

I figured a hard money loan might be my only option to get started...i need a mentor haha

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to the replies

Jeff Mann

1Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 271 posts · 144 votes
    10y

    Welcome Jeff! I'm a newbie as well,  & have some of the same questions! The webinar that Brandon had tonite was priceless, and I look forward to learning from all the Pros on here. Good Luck, and thank you for your service!

    Chris Boyd

    Fort Lauderdale Fl 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.