Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
I'm new to BP and REI, looking to get started with a few tips on my local market. I've lived in Greenville SC since 2001, but am shamefully ignorant of where the market is here. I plan to be driving for dollars for the next few months - not so much with the expectation of producing a ton of leads, but more so I can learn the different areas and neighborhoods. I would love some input & opinions on what's warm & cool right now, as well as projections for the year. Really, anything you can do to narrow down my shotgun approach would be helpful. Thanks!
Investor · Simpsonville, SC · Member since 2013 · 184 posts · 71 votes
10y
Hi Megan. Welcome. Upstate CREIA has an 11am at epicurean on woodruff this coming Tuesday. Why don't you come out, meet some people, and start building some relationships. Oh and join Upstate CREIA as soon as possible. See you around town.
Mauldin, SC · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 14 votes
10y
Megan, which avenues are you most wanting to pursue?
Rentals?
Flips?
Wholesales?
Marketing?
Have you done @Brandon Turner's "No and Low Money Down"? or J. Scott's Book on Flipping Houses? Maybe see what excites you from those books. Then just start taking tiny steps of action each day.
I gotta say: JLD's Freedom Journal has been pretty dang helpful for me on the "action" front. I - for the most part - am the "learn all day but do nothing" guy. But the journal has helped me crank up a little action.