Are you getting 1% or more in rent per month?

Are you getting 1% or more in rent per month?

Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 90 posts · 5 votes

Are you getting 1% or more of your purchase price  in rent per month? 

I would like to learn more on valuing properties, cash flows

Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom. 

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    10y
    This really depends on your market and source of properties you buy. I have a few REOs that I bought and rehabbed in the Philly suburbs which get somewhere between 1.5 and 1.9% I would get too hung up on this general rule of thumb.
  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2016 · 90 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    what other metrics would you look at when deciding on what to buy? 

    Taxes are big. School districts?

    Reason I focus on the 1% or more number is because of cash flow

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.