Seeking advice in Louisiana!

Seeking advice in Louisiana!

COVINGTON, LA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
Hello BP, Hello, my name is Dalton and I am a young real estate investor that is eager to start young rather than catching up down the road. I have researched a lot of information and want to get started with wholesaling to gain capital and then eventually get into flip deals. I feel as though it is information overload and instead feel as though action is the only thing that will help me move forward. I learn by doing and seeing and really feel the best way to learn is from someone with experience. I was curious if anyone had any tips or personal experiences about what it took for them to step out and take action and what that first action was? I am also curious if there any other real estate investors in Louisiana that are interested in networking or mentoring that I could work under to learn the ropes and from their experience! I am eager to listen and learn to break into the world or real estate investing. Thank you to all of you for your time and looking forward to your responses.
0Reply
22 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shreveport, LA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Dalton LaFrance I am also in Louisiana (Shreveport) and starting out in real estate investing with a focus on wholesaling. There's a wealth of information but I am too looking for more action steps. Always looking to network as well.
  • COVINGTON, LA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Pleasure to meet you @Ariane Fletcher! There is certainly a ton of informaiton to learn and finding a place to begin seems to be a challenge. I really would love to work alongside someone or have a mentor to help through the learning curves. Wish you the best of luck!

  • Investor, Wholesaler · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 11 votes
    10y

    @Dalton LaFrance Welcome to BP and welcome to real estate investing! I started our wholesaling for quick cash 4 years ago and haven't looked back since. I'm glad you have started out on BP since it's a great resource, boy I wish that had been one of my first moves years ago. 

    I recommend attending your local Real Estate Investors Association(REIA) as soon as possible. Easiest way to network and start building your cash buyers list immediately. Also, start your cheap marketing strategy(craigslist ads, bandit signs, cold calling FSBOs and For Rents). Find out what areas they are buying in and start hunting.

    Best of luck to you my friend. Ask away anytime you need help.

  • Investor · Belle Chasse, LA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hey Dalton!

    Welcome to BP! Great site, great folks and so much information out here!

    I'm a new REI in NOLA as well. I'm finishing my first flip, about to start my second and need to line up a third, so lets get your wholesaling business going...lol.

    I second the REIA, I'm joining NOLA's and will be attending the monthly meetings, hope to see you and Judah there. I don't have much insight on the wholesaling business, but many folks on BP do. I did just listen to BP Podcast #176 with Tom Krol, who has a killer wholesaling system that he discusses with Brandon and Josh. Listen to it if you haven't done so yet, along with the other podcasts. You get so much information from them. Work on your team, absorb as much info you can, if you run into a road block ask the BP community, they are great at giving advice. Set up a few keywords for the BP forums, maybe wholesaling, Louisiana and another. You will get email alerts with the link when folks have those words in their posts.

    As a new REI/flipper I'm looking for either singles or multis that need lots of rehab that are located in up and coming markets/neighborhoods. I would also entertain inexpensive lots to build new construction.

    Good luck getting started and look forward to working with you in the future.

    Judah,

    Reach out if you have any deals. Looking forward to linking up with you too.

    Neil Hardin 

  • COVINGTON, LA · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    @Judah Alexander, Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm so excited to hear of your success! I certainly plan on attending the REIA soon to begin networking and building my buyers list! Thank you for all of the wonderful tips and I will certainly stay in touch! Take care!

    Thank you @Neil Hardin for all of the information and I will definitely check out that podcast you mentioned! We should definitely get together for an upcoming meeting soon! I am on the Northshore and I believe there is a lot of untapped potential for this market. There are some solid properties around as we speak that I would love to get a deal on. I will definitely stay in touch and I look forward to working with you as well. 

    I wish yall the best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.