WHATS THE BEST WAY TO FIND DEALS !

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO FIND DEALS !

Real Estate Investor · Shirley, NY · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
Should I be looking on the MLS for fix and flips or should I be building a team of agents to send me there listings of properties that just hit the market ? Should I do both ? Or is there a better approach to take? Feedback is greatly appreciated ! Thanks
0Reply
4 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 811 posts · 420 votes
    10y

    There's numerous ways to find deals that you can research here on BP.

    I would network with some agents to get access to MLS properties that fit your criteria. You can also look on Hubzu, auction.com, craigslist, etc.

    You can go to local REIA meetings and network with folks there. You can drive for dollars or start your own direct mail campaign. Tell everyone you know if they or anyone they know are looking to sell that you might be interested. That should be enough suggestions to get you started.

  • Real Estate Investor · Shirley, NY · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    10y
    Thanks man ! I appreciate it
  • Wholesaler · Englewood, CO · Member since 2016 · 24 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Hi Andrew!

    It depends on what you are looking to do, fix & flip, buy & hold or wholesale. You'd be served well if you built a list of wholesalers that will do the dirty work for you and bring you deals if you are fixing and flipping or buying and holding. Because then, they come to you. If you are not in the place to do those two things, then finding deals to wholesale is a bit more complex. You need to look into direct mail and finding deals outside of the MLS. I have found deals with realtors on the MLS but it was hard. So. Bottomline is find deals that aren't on the market yet and have solid documents ready to be able to support the offer.

    I would be happy to offer any more information if you found this useful.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.