Property Management in Coatesville, PA 19320

Property Management in Coatesville, PA 19320

Investor · Malvern, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
New owner/investor here closing on my first property in Coatesville, PA. I have a couple friends who own rental properties but was looking to see if anyone else in the area has good or bad experiences with any property management companies? Anyone having good luck with a company they'd like to suggest, or any I should avoid? Thanks.
0Reply
40 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    10y
    Hi Andrew Nuttall I have a couple of properties in the thorndale/downingtown area and I currently self manage. Have you found any property management companies yet? How is Coatesville treating you from an investment standpoint?
  • Investor · Malvern, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    No property management company yet, we bailed on the first house after the inspection came back with too many issues that could rack up high costs. We are now closing on a house that isn't quite as good on cash flow, but has been completely redone by an acquaintance who is a friend of a friend. 

    With the higher quality location we are planning on giving self management a go. I just finished my first time through the property management book from BiggerPockets and am going through it again. Hopefully I don't make too many major mistakes. =)

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Gap, PA · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Andrew, I am the Broker at Compass Property Mgmt LLC. We manage properties in Coatesville and areas to the west. We currently manage properties for over 150 owners. If you have an questions about Coatesville I may be able to help.

  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    9y
    Andrew Nuttall was the property you settled on in coatesville as well or did you buy in another location?
  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    9y
    Joseph Leofsky do you have any tips for specific areas or streets that you have seen better success?
  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Ryan, I tried to message you but was unable. I recently closed on a duplex in Coatesville. I'm looking for number 2 to be in the thorndale coatesville area. I was hoping to talk with you further if you have some time.
  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    9y
    Matthew Koch absolutely. I'd love to hear about your coatesville deals and am happy to share any numbers you're interested in hearing about
  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    9y
    Matthew Koch absolutely.
  • Wilmington, DE · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Andrew Nuttall Ryan Hoer I have also been looking into same area. I would like to connect with either to discuss your experiences with the area.
  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    9y
    Rich Schafer that would be great. I wouldn't mind picking your brain on the Wilmington market either.
  • Investor · Malvern, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Ryan Hoer We are buying a house in Coatesville still, a bit more on the West side where it is a little nicer.

    @Joseph Leofsky I will probably contact you soon as we are likely to go with property management.

  • Investor · Downingtown, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 16 votes
    9y
    Andrew Nuttall good luck with the new house. I'll let you know if I end up purchasing in coatesville.
  • Investor · Malvern, PA · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    So an update. I am currently working with All County as our property manager and am fairly pleased with there service other than some issues with communication. We did end up getting a property in Coatesville that was redone by a fix and flipper to be top shape. Means it cost more than it should, but also got me at least $100 more rent per month than it would have. Also I am now working with the flipper to learn a lot more and hopefully partner on some projects soon. All in all things are going well and I'm already looking to pick up a multi family.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.