Just purchased first property (Quadplex!)

Just purchased first property (Quadplex!)

Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes

After months of frustrating exchanges between the agent, seller and I. I have finally closed on my first property. I'm 21 years old and am very excited to begin my journey into real estate.

Give me 10 years and I'll have over 300 units.

29Reply
175 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Muskogee, OK · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 14 votes
10y

@Rosston Smith

Love it man !! Starting with the quad really speeds up your snowball effect exponentially when starting out plus starting at 21 is great, sky's the limit.

I really took to your post as we are in a similar situation. Purchased a quad as my first property several months ago. I'm not "house hacking" the property but just getting started as well with a quad. Would love to stay in touch and watch our business/investments grow while challenging and motivating each other !! the only problem is I'm 28 so you will have a few years on me when we both retire in 10 or 15 years !! ha

See this reply in the discussion

110 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • IA · Member since 2015 · 304 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    @Rosston Smith

    Nice work. Congrats on your first deal!

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    Congrats

  • Investor · Byron, GA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    10y

    Congratulations, the first property is always the hardest.  If you continue on this path you should have a very bright future.  I wish I had started when I was 21.

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Congratulations!  Wish I was focused at 21 to get things going that early... Keep it up!

  • Spring Lake, NC · Member since 2015 · 71 posts · 25 votes
    10y

    How did you find the property?

  • Investor · Wilmington, DE · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Great job brother ,Im in Delaware  but would Love some association  in Georgia .

  • Contractor · Woodstock, GA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Congratulations on the deal! Nice purchase for your first property. 

  • Wholesaler · Newnan, GA · Member since 2016 · 45 posts · 13 votes
    10y

    congratulations that is awesome-sauce☺️ With one down, no where to go but UP!  

  • Woodstock, GA · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Congratulations! I'm looking to invest in the Macon area with multi family units. Mainly near Mercer and Macon College. I'm just getting started as well but a lot later than you!
  • Yucaipa, CA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Congratulations. I wish I took action at your age too! Best of luck man. 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Maurice Graham:

    Congratulations on the deal! 

     Thanks a lot! 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Omar Ismael:

    Great start, Congrats

     Thanks man!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Tom V.:

    @Rosston Smith

    Nice work. Congrats on your first deal!

     Thanks! I'm super excited.

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Earl Pridgen:

    Congrats

     Thanks Earl!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Frank Emerson:

    Congratulations, the first property is always the hardest.  If you continue on this path you should have a very bright future.  I wish I had started when I was 21.

     Thanks! I'm hoping to learn as much as I can and work out all the kinks in my strategy on this property. Working hard to earn a bright future! 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ellis Agurs:

    Congratulations!  Wish I was focused at 21 to get things going that early... Keep it up!

     Thanks! Wish I could've started earlier too. 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jason Layman:

    How did you find the property?

     I checked multiple listing apps (Trulia, Realtor, Zillow... Etc) every single day multiple times a day. I also spoke with an agent and had them forward me multi family properties. I found this property on Trulia one day and moved in on it within two weeks of it being listed. 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Derron Bowe:

    Great job brother ,Im in Delaware  but would Love some association  in Georgia .

     Thanks man! If you ever want to talk real estate with someone. I'm totally down for that!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Corey Morris:

    Congratulations on the deal! Nice purchase for your first property. 

     Thanks Corey!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Taneka Nesbitt:

    congratulations that is awesome-sauce☺️ With one down, no where to go but UP!  

     Absolutely! I definitely plan to go

    ALL THE WAY UP!!!!!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Brooks:

    Congratulations! I'm looking to invest in the Macon area with multi family units. Mainly near Mercer and Macon College. I'm just getting started as well but a lot later than you!

     Hey man I'm right there nearby Mercer. Definitely keep in touch and let me know if you ever want to get together and talk investments. 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Andrew Choi:

    Congratulations. I wish I took action at your age too! Best of luck man. 

     Thanks! Definitely want to take things to the next level in my life.

  • Investor · North Easton, MA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @Rosston Smith Congrats! Nice property! Sounds like you got a great plan lined up. Good for you, I wish you well on this journey.

  • West Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    congrats man! 

  • Developer · Hideaway, TX · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 5 votes
    10y
    Well done - 👍🏻
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.