Just purchased first property (Quadplex!)

Just purchased first property (Quadplex!)

Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes

After months of frustrating exchanges between the agent, seller and I. I have finally closed on my first property. I'm 21 years old and am very excited to begin my journey into real estate.

Give me 10 years and I'll have over 300 units.

29Reply
195 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Muskogee, OK · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 14 votes
10y

@Rosston Smith

Love it man !! Starting with the quad really speeds up your snowball effect exponentially when starting out plus starting at 21 is great, sky's the limit.

I really took to your post as we are in a similar situation. Purchased a quad as my first property several months ago. I'm not "house hacking" the property but just getting started as well with a quad. Would love to stay in touch and watch our business/investments grow while challenging and motivating each other !! the only problem is I'm 28 so you will have a few years on me when we both retire in 10 or 15 years !! ha

See this reply in the discussion

110 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Miami, FL · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 15 votes
    10y

    Congrats! So exciting! You have a world of tools to start using! I suggest downloading rentigo to manage properties and buying a bullet journal to keep tasks organized! both life savers for me! 

  • Kenneth HynesPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Easton, PA · Member since 2013 · 357 posts · 92 votes
    10y

    @Rosston Smith

    Great job and great start .  You self managing while you live there .  What about when you move on to your next property , do you still plan on managing current quad ?  

    again Congrats and looking forward to see you progress to your 300!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Victoria Creighton:

    @Rosston Smith Congrats! Nice property! Sounds like you got a great plan lined up. Good for you, I wish you well on this journey.

     Thanks Victoria! I am very excited about taking the first step. Cheers!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Alex Sanchez:

    congrats man! 

     Thanks Alex!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chad Hudson:

    Well done - 👍🏻

     Thanks Chad!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ashley Ben:

    Congrats! So exciting! You have a world of tools to start using! I suggest downloading rentigo to manage properties and buying a bullet journal to keep tasks organized! both life savers for me! 

     Will definitely check out Rentigo. Thanks! Working on getting all of my excel spreadsheets exactly how I like them. 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kenneth Hynes:

    @Rosston Smith

    Great job and great start .  You self managing while you live there .  What about when you move on to your next property , do you still plan on managing current quad ?  

    again Congrats and looking forward to see you progress to your 300!

     Yes sir! Thanks. Self managing will give me more experience and help keep my costs down. Once I move out here in a year I still plan to manage this property manually. I'm only a few weeks in, but this isn't nearly as strenuous as people make it out to be. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Muskogee, OK · Member since 2016 · 41 posts · 14 votes
    10y

    @Rosston Smith

    Love it man !! Starting with the quad really speeds up your snowball effect exponentially when starting out plus starting at 21 is great, sky's the limit.

    I really took to your post as we are in a similar situation. Purchased a quad as my first property several months ago. I'm not "house hacking" the property but just getting started as well with a quad. Would love to stay in touch and watch our business/investments grow while challenging and motivating each other !! the only problem is I'm 28 so you will have a few years on me when we both retire in 10 or 15 years !! ha

  • Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    10y

    Congrats Man!!! Am yet to get my first. Feeling frustrated a little bit but I have to keep on. Not giving up. Am in the Twin cities area.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 351 posts · 80 votes
    10y

    Very nice man! Congrats.

  • Lake Wales, FL · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Awesome!!! Keep up the great work!

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Great!!! Keep going! 

  • Pelham, NC · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 54 votes
    10y

    Congratulations! It's good you're starting at an early age!

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Congrats @Rosston Smith.  Still working for my first one. All of you on BP inspire and motivate me.

    Grace

  • Property Manager · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Very cool property! Best of luck. Would be interested to see the numbers as well... :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Sisters, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    My money is on you having 300 in 10 years!  Keep it up my friend.

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jesse Scroggins:

    @Rosston Smith

    Love it man !! Starting with the quad really speeds up your snowball effect exponentially when starting out plus starting at 21 is great, sky's the limit.

    I really took to your post as we are in a similar situation. Purchased a quad as my first property several months ago. I'm not "house hacking" the property but just getting started as well with a quad. Would love to stay in touch and watch our business/investments grow while challenging and motivating each other !! the only problem is I'm 28 so you will have a few years on me when we both retire in 10 or 15 years !! ha

     Heck yeah thats the idea! How has your quad been going so far and what sort of things have you learned? Was it as hard as you expected? What is your plan for your next property? 

    Absolutely lets definitely connect and keep in touch! I'll be on the site daily and interacting with everyone here. Hey man 28 is still better than later! My plan is 7 figures by 30. Utilizing real estate, debt ,and other means. 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @George Ngeru:

    Congrats Man!!! Am yet to get my first. Feeling frustrated a little bit but I have to keep on. Not giving up. Am in the Twin cities area.

     Thanks! Hey you're time to shine will be soon! Just be ready to jump on a deal that suits your criteria and comes your way. Even if you feel a little bit uncomfortable, go for it!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Cameron:

    Very nice man! Congrats.

     Thanks Ryan!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Monica Dixon:

    Awesome!!! Keep up the great work!

     Definitely will do, thanks!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jerry Camboim:

    Great!!! Keep going! 

     Absolutely! I plan on it! Thanks

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jay Johnson:

    Congratulations! It's good you're starting at an early age!

     Yes sir! Appreciate it! Hopefully here in 10 years I'll be able to add value to the next generation youngsters!

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Grace Jordan:

    Congrats @Rosston Smith.  Still working for my first one. All of you on BP inspire and motivate me.

    Grace

     Thanks! Yes BP is a great place to network and learn. I plan on learning a lot from it. 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Ben Kiss:

    Very cool property! Best of luck. Would be interested to see the numbers as well... :)

     I plan on getting a post together here soon with a detailed breakdown of all the numbers. Stay tuned! 

  • Investor · Warner Robins, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 490 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Eric Bilderback:

    My money is on you having 300 in 10 years!  Keep it up my friend.

     I very much appreciate the faith! I definitely will do so. I am very excited about what I have in store in the future. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.