College Student wanting to start Investing in Lowell, MA.

College Student wanting to start Investing in Lowell, MA.

Real Estate Agent · Lowell, MA · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hey BP,

I'm currently a Junior at UMass Lowell studying Mechanical Engineering and Business, I live in the heart of the city in downtown Lowell.

I see major opportunity in investing in Lowell due to the cities growth these past couple years.

I have my RE license and have worked doing Apartment Rentals in Boston for 1 month this summer.

I am currently trying to find work for a brokerage and had a couple interviews to find a position that would educate me about the Lowell market and investing in it.

I'm wondering is there anyone here from Lowell that got any tips for me, stories, groups, connections, knowledge, etc.

I read books about investing/real estate/business and try and educate myself about the subject whenever i have time but i am hungry to work and find a deal.

I just started looking around for a deal now to bring to an investor, any suggestions for platforms for finding deals? There are not too many places for sale in Lowell that are appealing on YGL, trulia, and loopnet, where do you guys look?

My goal by the time I graduate is to own 1 investment property and have a couple of deals under my belt.

Thanks!

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Quincy, MA · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Hey Daniel,

    Best of luck to you! I would highly recommend getting involved with an investment based broker and getting your MA license. We have great success on MLS with our team. It's worth the investment. Getting started early will set you up for great success down the road!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.