How to sink my toes into the real world

How to sink my toes into the real world

Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 2 votes

Hello all,

I am brand new to investing and have been reading and listening to books and podcasts say that you need to go out and look at houses and talk to people to learn your market. I was wondering, do you only approach the deals you would actually be interested in? Or all of the open houses and potential people on craigslist, redfin, loopnet.com, etc.? Also, me having little money, if I was interested in creative financing, how do I approach the buyer/agent gent? 

Let me elaborate; I see a posting on loopnet and it looks like a good deal. I call up the buyer/agent and ask to come see the property? Then I take a tour, then I ask if he/she will consider owner financing or a lease option or (insert form of financing here)? 

In my head, this is kind of how I see the scenario happening, but I feel as though I will not be taken seriously. Especially at the age of 21. Do I tell them straight forward that this is my first property I plan to buy?

I would greatly appreciate some insight on the actual process of what happens after you are interested in a property, as well as how to get my toes into the Sands of learning my area.

Thank you in advance for the advice and wisdom.

Best,

-Vince

0Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    @Vince Gamboa 

    at 21

    I would get my real estate sales Lov and work on a team that cranks sales.

    @jay hinrich would agree, get you foundation

  • Everett, WA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Could you please tell me what what "Lov" stands for? Thanks!

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Lov sorry that was lic or license

    Read "Milliondollar Real estate agent" by Gary Keller

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.