Looking for advice for first time investor

2 Replies

How did you decide what strategy to invest with? 

I have about 500k to invest but there are so many options. How many of you did deals/business first to acquire more capital? Eventually I'd like to have multi family buildings but I'm not sure what the best path is.

I'm interested in flipping/rehabbing but I'd have to travel 2-3 hours as my home market is too expensive for me. I currently work from home and I'm 26 so I have the time and risk tolerance. My parents are investors and have flipped a few houses recently. They seem to think it's too hard/time consuming for me but I'm younger and have way more energy and time to dedicate to this. 

I'm not to be spoon fed but I'd just like to see how others first started out. Thanks in advance  !

Hi @Gen Young , nice to meet you! There's not a 100% right answer here. I've personally done BRRR, turnkey, multi fam, and fix and flip. They all have their pros and cons. It depends on what you want your capital to do...generate income now or grow over the long term. And it depends on how much time you have, what you know, and WHO you know. I currently work in the brrr strategy in my own market, out of state turnkey, and new construction multi fam. If you'd like to chat sometime feel free to send me a colleague request and I'd be happy to go through the various pros and cons with you. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here