Looking to fund/partner my first flip in Philadelphia, Pa

Looking to fund/partner my first flip in Philadelphia, Pa

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to acquire funding for their first flip. I'm a realtor in Philly, looking to transition to investor. I have over 9 years experience in the Philly market. An ideal situation would be no money down, and I will monitor the scope of the project. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Gilbertsville, PA · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 17 votes
9y

Hi Iris,  Well i guess the age old addage applies: Find the deal and the money will find you.  I would join some investor groups in Philadelphia.  DIG is big and so is HAPCO.  There you can network with other investors  who are always looking for good deals.

Joe

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 35 votes
    9y

    Is this your first deal in general or just your first flip?

  • Investor · Gilbertsville, PA · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 17 votes
    9y

    Hi Iris,  Well i guess the age old addage applies: Find the deal and the money will find you.  I would join some investor groups in Philadelphia.  DIG is big and so is HAPCO.  There you can network with other investors  who are always looking for good deals.

    Joe

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Ive closed real estate transactions only as a REALTOR. This would be my first flip project. 

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Great idea! I'll look into DIG & HAPCO. 

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 351 posts · 80 votes
    9y

    @Iris Felder

    What areas are you looking for this flip? Do you have a "go-to" contractor? At what price range are you looking?

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Hi, Ryan!! I am looking to flip in the following areas Point Beeeze or Germantown sections of Philly. Looking to acquire property from 80K-150K. Resale for point breeze average 275k and up. 

    Yes, I have a few contractors I have dealt with on prior deals.

  • Professional · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    I've been look a lot in the Germantown area as well. Price points are reasonable, and lots of multi family listings. Locations closer to Chestnut Hill/Wissahickon Valley Park are really quite nice. Commercial areas (Germantown Ave/Greene St.) seem depressed at the moment, but it's easy to imagine more bustling streets with nicer retail, restaurants and bars. Rents are pretty low, but I'm optimistic they will increase with time as the area improves. Germantown also has an intriguing history, and many historical landmarks. Curious if others see similar upside in Germantown?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.