Coatesville, PA · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 1 vote
I coming up on my first flip and I'm not sure when and for what exactly I will need a lawyer or attorney for. How much do I have to expect to pay them?
Allentown, PA · Member since 2014 · 264 posts · 120 votes
9y
Have one lined up (so you talk to them and are comfortable with them) before you see the house.
If you are interested in the house, have the attorney review the agreement of sale before you sign it (yes, even though it is a standard doc, the attorney will make sure you understand what you are giving away by checking those boxes.
Easy deals should be ~$500, complex ones are more, this is something you should talk to the lawyer about,
Rental Property Investor · Astoria, NY · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 18 votes
9y
You should have an attorney from the start. They won't contract you until the sale actually begins and you sign the agreement for what they will do for you. However, it's good to have them in your pocket from the beginning of the negotiation process.
In regards to "coming up on my first flip", do you mean you are buying a property to flip or you have already renovated and am looking to sell?