Part Time Agent to also own Property Management Business?

Part Time Agent to also own Property Management Business?

Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes

Hello fellow investors, 

My wife and I are investors while working our full time jobs. I am taking the test to become an agent soon and I want to be sure to take full advantage of the time while I'm and in and out my full time job.  I have studied many crm/software programs to regulate many things in our business. 

Studying so much and having the opportunity to network with the right team members, does anyone have advice on how I can also build a successful property management company within my Investment company?

0Reply
7 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Hi @Gregg Hutton

    Unless you're managing properties that you own, in most states you need to be a Real Estate broker to have your own property management company.

    Now when you become an agent you may be able to find a Real Estate Brokerage that will allow you to become a property manager with them.

    But if you want to build a property management company yourself, your best bet is to partner up with or hire a broker. You could eventually become a Real Estate Broker yourself but of course that takes time, more education, etc.

    Best of luck,

    Dave

  • Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    @Dave Van Horn Thank you so much! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.