new investor looking for mentor

new investor looking for mentor

Real Estate Professional · New London, CT · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes

I'm a new investor. I want to start wholesaling. Looking for buyers and sellers. I'm looking for properties I can make $35,000 profit or more after rehab

1Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonna WeberPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
9y

Hi @Augustin Philibert - welcome to BP!  The best mentors to start with are right here through forums,  blog posts,  books, and podcasts!  I have no idea about the Connecticut market, but there are undoubtedly some local investor meet ups in your area that would be beneficial to attend. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    9y

    Hi @Augustin Philibert - welcome to BP!  The best mentors to start with are right here through forums,  blog posts,  books, and podcasts!  I have no idea about the Connecticut market, but there are undoubtedly some local investor meet ups in your area that would be beneficial to attend. 

  • Real Estate Professional · New London, CT · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Jonna thank you for replying. How would I go by attending the investors meetings. Where are those meetings taking place?

  • Investor · North Stonington, CT · Member since 2014 · 393 posts · 228 votes
    9y

    Hello @Augustin Philibert

    We are having a meeting tomorrow night from 6 to 8 at East Lyme High School. It is free to attend and no one is trying to sell anything. We just sit around and talk about real estate. 

  • Rick SantasierePro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Granby, CT · Member since 2015 · 694 posts · 317 votes
    9y
    Augustin Philibert when looking for a mentor, you should start out with a statement about what yo can provide that mentor. Talk about your drive, and your willingness to help people. If you are seeking a mentor simply to "make $35k" deal, you will not get a response. I'm offering you some unsolicited advice (I know:), but I hope that this helps you in your search for one. I mentor some guys, and there is always a little give and take. Or, there has to be a compelling reason for me to provide my knowledge. Normally if someone doesn't identify $$ as their driving force, that helps:) find your "Why," and share it with others. My $.02
  • Real Estate Professional · New London, CT · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Thanks a lot for replying. Great advice. Thanks

  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    9y

    @Augustin Philibert there is a meet-up in Rocky Hill and we have a meet-up in Fairfield, Connecticut once a month (link below), there are also a couple of REIA meetings too. All of these are a little far from New London, but it might be worth coming to start learning.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/411743-connecticut-real-estate-meet-up-february-22nd

  • Lender · Branford, CT · Member since 2015 · 97 posts · 30 votes
    9y
    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. This is a great forum to network and learn from this industry from around the country. Reach out if I can help in anyway. Best, Donna
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.