Leonardo, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
Hello All,
I am just getting started in Real Estate investing and I moved to Monmouth County New Jersey last year. I would like to work many aspects of Real Estate Investing to see where I fit in, but for my first house I think I want to do an FHA Rehab.Is there anyone in this area? I would really like to get insight into the local market so I can feel confident about choosing a good deal, its kind of pricey here, and I keep reading that we may be headed for a downtrend in the markets.
I have volunteered twice to work with Habitat for Humanity to get some hands on with construction, but most of the skilled labor is left to the professionals. Ill be going back for more so I can try to learn though. Any ideas and advice appreciated, thanks guys.
Rental Property Investor · Red Bank, NJ · Member since 2015 · 81 posts · 18 votes
9y
Hi George, welcome to BP.
Yes, there's plenty of people in MC doing Real Estate investing. Check out the monthly meetup here: https://www.centraljerseyrei.org/
Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity is great for many reasons, however I'm not sure its the best use of your time for learning about becoming an investor. I would HIGHLY recommend you do these two things this month:
1/ Read Rich Dad Poor Dad
2/ Starting listening to the BP Podcast
These two things will help you infinitely in trying to understand the possibilities and different ways to invest. There are countless other books/podcast out there to help you, but these two are a great way to start.
Rental Property Investor · Fuquay-Varina, NC · Member since 2013 · 381 posts · 308 votes
9y
Hey @George McCaulley III take a look on meetup.com for other real estate meetings in the area- I personally know of some in Piscataway, New Brunswick, Princeton, and Trenton. You'll be able to network with other investors in the area, find deals, and learn about the markets.