Becoming an agent in NY and then moving to Texas

Becoming an agent in NY and then moving to Texas

Real Estate Agent · Central New Jersey · Member since 2017 · 135 posts · 37 votes
Hey everyone, I'm currently living in NY and have been considering getting my RE license. However, I know I will be moving to Texas in 2 years. Is anyone familiar with how a NY license would impact my ability to get a Texas license? Would I have to start studying a bunch of new material for a totally different exam?
0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Garden City, NY · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Dan Turkel Texas doesn't have reciprocity with other states. But they may wave certain education and experience requirements for agents active in other states looking to gain license in Texas.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.