• Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Working 9-5 while buying Property?

Amil D.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Jul 12 2017, 10:13
Greetings side hustle investors! I'm new to real Estate and right now I'm reading the BiggerPockets book "The book on rental property investing" as my first real estate book. The process of buying (searching for property, making an offer, doing your due diligence, paperwork, and finally buying) seems incredibly involved. And you have to be able to do all this quickly. My goal is to buy a first property, I'm thinking either house hacking a duplex or triplex or using a turnkey like Roofstock to buy a single family home. 1) how did you manage to buy your first property while working? Did you take a lot of days off for periods such as the inspection, meeting with lawyers, realtors or title company? How many days off? 2) Background: I have a slightly odd schedule. I usually leave for work about 10 am and get home about 8:30pm. I also get every other Friday off (usually). I also have activities going on on weekends. So my free days on weekends would only be 1 day per week: Every other Friday and every other Saturday. Question: Were you able to do it all at night? If so, how did you manage to interact with 9-5 folks like lawyers and many others? How should I change my schedule to be able to accomplish this? 3) Did you feel underprepared or that you were not able to do all your due diligence due to working 9-to-5? If so, I do not want a bad first experience and be scared away from real Estate. I'd rather take a lower return, if that makes sense. I have plenty of time to get greedy later, I should understand the basics now. Should I perhaps invest in a turnkey like roofstock instead just to get me started?

Loading replies...