Honolulu Tax Delinquent List

Honolulu Tax Delinquent List

Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes

Aloha everyone! I'm a new investor looking for a mentor to take me under their wings and help to guide me throughout the process of flipping real estate in Hawaii. 

I've done a lot of research and have been using the trial/error process to gain as much knowledge as I can in hopes of getting my first deal done! 

So far I'm in the process of trying to obtain a Tax Delinquent list from the Honolulu County which has been extremely difficult! But I haven't given up and am determined to obtain this list in hopes of using it as a tool for contacting home owners that have been delinquent on their taxes for 5 or more years in hopes of buying it before the property is foreclosed on. 

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!

1Reply
117 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Kihei, HI · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 1 vote
9y

@Account Closed, I know they do it in Maui County, but it's only the Tax ID. I need to cross the ID to the address. I would think if Maui does it, Oahu would have the list somewhere....

http://www.co.maui.hi.us/1748/Delinquent-Tax-Accou...

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Neal Martin thank you! I did see that when I looked up Maui County thank you. Have you use this list to find leads on Maui?

  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed how can I automate this information? I apologize as I'm still learning to navigate my way through tax records websites and other websites used as tools for RE investing.

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed it's complex.  There are lead generation services that can help you with it.  Unless you're pretty tech, web, and programming savvy, the explanation I could give you wouldn't mean much.

  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Do you mean something like listsource or agentpro? @Account Closed

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    Not really. You need something a bit more boutique. And preferable exclusive.

  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    Ahh I understand! Thank you. @Account Closed

  • Real Estate Broker · Wailea, HI · Member since 2016 · 134 posts · 77 votes
    9y

    FYI @Account Closed, in HI the county will publish when properties are going to be auctioned. However, even if you have the highest bid, the homeowner has 12 months to pay their back taxes and keep their property. 

  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Mark Waite yes I read that on their website in the FAQ sections. Do you what happens to the properties that aren't auctioned? Are they sold over the counter or do they go back on the list for the following years auction?

  • Investor · Kihei, HI · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Account Closed I haven't used the list to create a mailing list yet, but that is my intention. Once I complete a solution to getting addresses from the Parcel ID I will let you know.

  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Neal Martin yes thank you please keep in touch. I'll let you know how my research comes along for Honolulu's list.

  • Inspector · Mililani, HI · Member since 2016 · 170 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed , hello again.  Like @Neal Martin mentioned, they do Tax Sales on Maui.  I looked into it further and found a Free List online ... But ...

    Most are Agriculture or Commercial Zoned, or Hawaiian Home Lands with many people under one parcel listing. I saw some SFR but they owed under $10,000. As of right now, there is No Tax Sale Scheduled in the near future.

    I may be wrong, but Hawaii does have a redemption period of 1 year ... IF THE DEED IS NOT RECORDED in 60 Days after purchase.  If anyone has the correct info, please let me know.

    Theodora, if you still have your list, I may be able to follow up on the properties.  I'll give you a "Bird Dog" fee if I end up Closing on any/every deal from your list.  How's that sound?  Nothing to lose, lots to gain. 

  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Michael Gayer Jr sounds great. I'm open to working with other investors and learning through the process! There's 311 pages of delinquent properties so I'm more than willing to work with a few others so we can tackle the list together.

  • Nanakuli, HI · Member since 2017 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    9y

    @Neal Martin I found an abandoned house in my neighbordhood and after researching the owners I found out that they live in Maui. I've sent letters but haven't got a response and no luck finding a phone number. Would you like to work together and see if we can get a deal out of this?

  • Investor · Kihei, HI · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Account Closed sure! Send me a message with the info you have an I'll see if I can help you out.

  • Rio De Janeiro, Rio De Janeiro · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Aloha from Brazil. Hi, everyone. I'm also a investor with particular interest in Hawaii. i searched for the honolulu list and it was hard to find. I have the maui list (it was very easy to find it) here with me. Well, i hope we can change word about it!

    Nice meeting you!

  • Walnut Creek, CA · Member since 2010 · 52 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I follow Oahu and Maui every year, but the list is so small and is usually paid before they go to auction. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.