Help, need advice, do not want to lose a possible deal.

Help, need advice, do not want to lose a possible deal.

Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone. I am very new to the industry, realize I have more education ahead of me, but a deal possible deal has fallen into my lap and I am unsure of my next step. A friend has put me in touch with a lead, a motivated seller with a house in a good neighborhood that needs a complete cosmetic overhaul. I have not assembled a team of contractors and am not adept at analyzing yet. I have reached out to a local cash buyer as a possible assignment or finder type deal, but have not heard back yet. I do not want to let this deal slip away due to inexperience. Can anyone offer some advise please?

Thank you!

0Reply
9 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Front Royal, VA · Member since 2013 · 586 posts · 418 votes
    9y

    @Sharn Kee look for people who are active in Ft. Lauderdale and private message all of them. Look into getting the property under contract and assign it. if you're confused find a decent wholesaler and reach out to them. Maybe they will give you a cut of the deal.

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thank you! That's exactly what I did, also have a contractor going in with me to see how much a rehab would really cost so I can make an offer, get under contract and possibly assign also! Wish me luck.

  • Flipper · Juneau , AK · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Whats a complete cosmetic overhaul? if you mean Major work needs to be done sell it to someone else.

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Floors throughout, kitchen, both bathrooms, baseboards, landscaping. Roof was redone in 2006. I'd love to flip it myself, but will have to secure financing quickly.

  • Real Estate Broker | Investor | Property Manager · Plantation, FL · Member since 2015 · 228 posts · 68 votes
    9y

    Hi @Sharn Kee I wanted to check in and see how your first deal is going! 

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Thanks for checking in Kevin, the owner ended up not accepting our offer, but I have an interesting deal on the table now: A property with a reverse mortgage that has two houses on the same land. I see some very creative deal strategizing in my near future!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.