Starting Out Young with Low Paying Job and Pressuring Parents

Starting Out Young with Low Paying Job and Pressuring Parents

Roselle, NJ · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 16 votes

I'm Pierre. Im 24 with a BA in Finance

I actually have not gotten a job in my field but went into soccer coaching for which is something I'm passionate about, I would just rather do that as a hobby rather than a means to build wealth and depend on it for a living. It does not allow me to make much money (about  22-28k yearly). 

I want to get into Single Family Home Flipping in C+ to B neighborhoods to then switching to acquiring solid multi family properties for long term income and cashflow.

I have saved about 8k but I still feel that this isn't nearly enough. I'm not a handyman nor do I have any interest in that but I love the deal and analysis that comes with the world of investing and flipping.

I live at home with mom and she is discontent with my career choice as I only work about 25 hours a week and not a traditional 9-5 schedule. Although I disagree with that reasoning, I think there is some merit to her arguments as I tend to have a lot of free time that I could be taking action rather than  just talking and dreaming about the life I want. I coach on the weekends and afternoons of the week.

I'm just confused on how to get started and what to focus on as a first step.

If you were in my situation, what would you do? 

1Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I have to agree with Mom Get a job in your field that pays a decent wage so you can carry out your dreams of being a real estate investor 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.