Starting a New Job to Gain Real Estate Experience

Starting a New Job to Gain Real Estate Experience

Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2017 · 22 posts · 9 votes

Hello BP,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a job that would benefit me in my real estate career. I have good credit and no debt, but I need solid income in order for me to be approved for a loan...and to stay afloat. 

Is there any good real estate jobs that are salary or salary plus commission out there that you would recommend? 

I know being a realtor would be a good start, but I need a solid salary in order to approve a loan so I can start house hacking within the next 2-6 months. 

Something I have thought about is selling new homes for a new home builder. Is this a good venue? I'm thinking I could meet wealthy people and network that way, all while still being in the real estate world and it works on a salary + commission basis. 

I do have 4 years of sales experience, including the last 6 months of in home sales in the real estate market for a wholesaler. 

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent/Investor · Peoria, AZ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Wyatt Simon

    Loan officer, appraiser, and property manager are all jobs you can look into, but they require a license.

  • Dawn BrenengenBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Wyatt Simon You could also work as an assistant if you can find a gig that pays a W2

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.