Investing in Holland / The Netherlands

Investing in Holland / The Netherlands

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I have about 100k euros sitting in a bank account and I want to get into the property game here in the Netherlands. 

I am doing a lot of reading but would also love any guidance from people here who have done buy-to-let in the Netherlands. 

I myself don't own a house and I don't intend on buying my own house here, because I want to stay mobile. I work in Eindhoven and am getting a good feeling from the city in terms of expats, business growth and the technology companies starting up here.  

So I'd be interested in any beginner's advice from people who have invested out here. Perhaps any likeminded people might even be interested in an informal meeting one day to discuss the market out here. I will make sure I arm myself with some solid local knowledge about the Eindhoven market so I can ensure I make my contribution! 

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Eindhoven, Noord Brabant · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 3 votes
8y

Hi everyone!, 

I'm an investor in Eindhoven especially targeting the expats by offering fully finished apartments for rent.. Been reading and listening aot lately to news and pot casts of BP and would love to get in contact you all of you..

Ties van den nieuwenhuizen 

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Rijsbergen, Noord-Brabant · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    James, there is a group of people in the Netherlands doing just this. There are regular meetings to share experiences. If you are interested please send me an pm and I will invalide you. Gr Koen
  • Amsterdam, Noord-Holland · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi Koen and James.  New year and lots of opportunities out there.  Would love to join to learn as I'm new to biggerpockets and Dutch real estate.  The prices here appear to be crazy high.  Curious how investing here compares to the US.

  • Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi Ian, great to hear from you. Koen is kindly adding me to a group that discusses these topics. Perhaps he can add you as well? Yes, prices are high here but I lived in London for ten years so I'm not as shocked as others might be!

  • Amsterdam, Noord-Holland · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Yeah, can't get much higher than London.  The Dutch are actually advertising in London how affordable Holland is comparatively. :-)  Would be great to join the slack and meetups

  • Investor · Eindhoven, Noord Brabant · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 3 votes
    8y

    Hi everyone!, 

    I'm an investor in Eindhoven especially targeting the expats by offering fully finished apartments for rent.. Been reading and listening aot lately to news and pot casts of BP and would love to get in contact you all of you..

    Ties van den nieuwenhuizen 

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi Koen, can you add me to the group as well?

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi all!

    I also would like to connect with like minded people.

    i'm living in the south of the netherlands and also plan to invest in the area of Eindhoven/ Den Bosch and Nijmegen. ofcourse other area's would be good as well depending on the opportunities available.

    best regards! 

    thijs

  • Amsterdam, Noord-Holland · Member since 2013 · 75 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Thijs Van Leuken. Welcome Thijs, there are several groups available for real estate investors in The Netherlands. Best from Amsterdam

  • Amsterdam, Netherlands · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Erik Noordam

    Hi! Such as? You mean on BP itself or outside :)

    Best,

    Tom

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi All,

    I am an expat architect & developer that work in Amsterdam for the past 13 years.

    I did fix n flip and now I am looking to develop multi-family housing. I intend to construct a new building or to repurpose an existing one into several apartments to rent or sell. 

    I follow the local market and have knowledge in analyzing investment opportunity (IRR, proforma, etc.).

    I would be interested in knowing if there is anyone in this group who shares the same interest or have had that experience already.

    Looking forward to hearing from all of you,

    Best Regards,
    Adi Utama

  • Rental Property Investor · Haarlem, NH · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    i would like to join the group too!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.