I would like to start an online mastermind group! Any Interest?

31 Replies

I started a mastermind group for self employed e-commerce business owners like myself about a year ago. People signed up from all over the country, at all different stages in their business. A few people have came and went but the core 6 of us meet once a week every week on a video chat for an hour to discuss our wins, goals, challenges etc... It has been absolutely amazing for the growth of my business. There is no charge, no self promotion, no selling, no spam. It is just a place to meet and discuss business with like minded people.

I would like to start one here for real estate investors. If this sounds like something you would be interested in. Please comment below with your experience level and days and times that would be best to meet. Once we get enough interest I will try and get 6-8 people together and we can start meeting.

I have yet to buy my first property, but am actively seeking one and plan to have closed my first deal within 6 months. I can typically meet anytime between 9am and 4pm PST Tuesday through Friday.

Thanks

We have 3 people so far. Looking to get 6-8 before we start!

@Eric Turner I love the idea. I actually already do this with 4 other REI. We are all in different market places so that's always good. I'd like to be in on something like this!

I'd definitely be interested. Thanks for initiating this.

Hey guys, I might be interested in something like this. I've been wholesaling for about a year now, 7 deals under my belt. Now the struggle has been staying consistent. Interested to hear everyone else's experience level...

I would be interested. PM me. Thanks

I'm interested. Trying to break into wholesaling.

Originally posted by @Johnny Kang :

@Eric Turner

Do we have enough to start? 

Would like to get 2 more. A couple people usually end up not being into it or just not showing up. Also since not everyone can show up every week, it is nice to have a couple extra. So I would like 8 people to start. I have found 6-8 people is a good number to keep the conversations active and engaging.

I am willing to start with less though, if we don't get any more interest in the next 2 days.

@Eric Turner I may be interested. How does conversation flow if you have 6-8 people on one call? Wouldn’t that get difficult a bit ?

Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth :

Eric Turner I may be interested. How does conversation flow if you have 6-8 people on one call? Wouldn’t that get difficult a bit ?

You can use something like uber conference, and the person who is running the show can mute people if it gets to hectic. 

Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth :

Eric Turner I may be interested. How does conversation flow if you have 6-8 people on one call? Wouldn’t that get difficult a bit ?

No it rarely gets difficult. Typically we take turns discussing our previous week. Which takes about about 15 minutes. Then we have a previously planned topic. Let's say for example we want to discuss driving for dollars. So anyone that wanted to would just give their experience and ideas on the subject. The less experienced people listen and take notes, the more experienced people discuss strategies that work or don't work. 

Or another thing we do is we take one person in the group and just study their business. So they basically present their info, and we ask questions to them. And then discuss it later.

I am most definitely interested in being apart of this group. I have been wholesaling for a year and I am in the process of closing my second deal which just so happens to be a land flip. I would love to connect with you guys.

@Eric Turner

I'm with you on starting off with, give or take, 8 ppl. People's involvement tapers off after some time. 

This is just an idea I wanted to throw out there, but aside from the weekly video conference, maybe we can have like a shared "score board" on Google drive where people can post their daily activity (# of leads, # of ppl talked to, appts set, offers made, etc.). 

This is something that my office did when I was in finance, and often times, when I would see so and so had more activity/sales in a given day, it would push me to do more; work a little longer, wake up earlier, read more books - just from sheer competitiveness and peer pressure. 

Also, it'll help everyone see what areas they need to improve on to grow their business. 

It looks like we have enough to start. I will send private messages to everyone and get everyone together to find a time and day of the week that will work for us.

Originally posted by @Johnny Kang :

@Eric Turner

I'm with you on starting off with, give or take, 8 ppl. People's involvement tapers off after some time. 

This is just an idea I wanted to throw out there, but aside from the weekly video conference, maybe we can have like a shared "score board" on Google drive where people can post their daily activity (# of leads, # of ppl talked to, appts set, offers made, etc.). 

This is something that my office did when I was in finance, and often times, when I would see so and so had more activity/sales in a given day, it would push me to do more; work a little longer, wake up earlier, read more books - just from sheer competitiveness and peer pressure. 

Also, it'll help everyone see what areas they need to improve on to grow their business. 

Yeah we have a google sheets in my other group that we update and I am good with having that. We also have a facebook page and chat that we are all very active in. To ask questions on the fly and we do daily updates in the chat as well. It has made all the difference in how hard I work. Accountability is huge, and this helps with that a lot.

Ok I sent everyone a colleague request and a message. 5 people responded. The best times and day so far are Wednesday and Thursday either 3pm or 4pm PST.

If anyone else is interested and available for these times, let me know. I will wait a couple days to get a couple more people that showed interest. 

Please send me a facebook friend request and I will be starting a group page and private chat for us. My other group uses google hangouts for the calls, its not perfect, but it is free. If anyone would prefer to use something else let me know. 

Add me to the list, I fly twice every week so I may not be able to make some calls.

@Eric Turner

What are your goals for the mastermind?

Can you send me more info?

Gino

I would like to be a part of it! I am looking to buy my first investment property in the next few months. I'm a licensed agent, but work primarily as a RE photographer.

Originally posted by @Gino Barbaro :

@Eric Turner

What are your goals for the mastermind?

Can you send me more info?

Gino

It is just a group of people getting together to discuss real estate. Think of it like a group getting together once a week for lunch. Except we do it on the internet.

The goal is to find a core group of  6-8 people that share their knowledge and motivate each other and keep each other accountable on a daily and weekly basis.

I would be extremely interested. Still looking to do my first deal and I’m pretty open on a meet time. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here