Votes
Bryan Tasumi
  • Hayward, CA
Votes |
Houston worth investing? Prospective medical student needs advice

Bryan Tasumi
  • Hayward, CA
Posted Feb 6 2018, 11:10

Is Houston worth investing? I plan to work in Houston as a health care professional as they have so many hospitals. I want to house hack but not sure if I should buy a SFH due to hurricanes and flooding. If there were no hurricanes/flooding I would pull the trigger for sure. I think I would love the nice condos over there but I don't think I can house hack them.

Anyone have any advice for whether I should just rent or buy a SFH, MFH, or something else to live there. I plan to stay in Texas for 4+ years for medical school and work. I have about 100k-150k cash to work with and am thinking about investing in a place rather than renting. I am just not sure which market to invest right now with my goals. I am not sure where I will be going for medical school yet but I want to buy to establish residency in Texas and hopefully get into one of the medical schools in Texas.

My plan is to house hack and/or invest in real estate throughout medical school (maybe pay a property manager once I start medical school) to build equity during the 4+ years. I wouldn't mind doing my residency in Texas as well and starting a family there. I am wondering if it is wise having multiple rental properties in all 3 big cities of San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. I plan to invest in real estate as a doctor. 

Any advice/suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Loading replies...