Benefits of different job experience for a Newbie

Benefits of different job experience for a Newbie

Real Estate Agent · Boise, ID · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 10 votes

Hello Everyone!

I am fairly new and still trying to get the ball rolling with REI. I want to be a full time investor as soon as possible, but am fully aware this is not a business that happens over night. Currently, I live in the Boise / Nampa area in Idaho and am in good position to find a new job. I am most interested in the BRRRR strategy as I am looking for cash flow, but would enjoy rehabbing properties as well.

My main question: What types of jobs within the Real Estate Investing field would be best for someone like me to get the most useful experience possible? 

As I am trying to learn as much as possible, it would seem ideal to work directly with another local investor. I am not afraid to swing a hammer, but I am also hoping for exposure to the business / deal side of things. The more exposure the better, right?

To keep it short, I'll end it here in hopes of a good conversation. I would love to answer more questions about my situation to help you help me. Any advice is greatly helpful!

Best,

Jordan Campbell

1Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2018 · 84 posts · 105 votes
    8y

    Hi Jordan,

    These relationships can easily be developed even if you choose a job outside of the industry. With that being said, anything that helps in the deal finding process. This is the most important piece of the puzzle and you can build your team from there. Real estate agents and brokers tend to good people to get close to as they will have the most access to deals and will also have connections to contractors, lenders, etc.. A job that gives you close access to divorce or bankrupt attorneys would also be beneficial in finding deals. Getting a job in property management could also teach you some very valuable skills. Best of luck in your journey! 

    -Chaz

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    Real Estate agent

    real estate agent assisttant

    construction

    archetecture

    city planniing/zoning

    home inspector

    post man - they know every vacant house on their route!

    banking loan industry

    Those are some ideas to geet you thinking

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.