NH Madison/North Conway/Bartlett Area Short Term Rental

NH Madison/North Conway/Bartlett Area Short Term Rental

Carolina, RI · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 7 votes

I am a new investor and I have been looking in the North Conway/Madison New Hampshire market for a vacation rental for quite some time. I was wondering if anyone has had experience in this market and if they have found that the investments are cash flowing well. 

I am also looking for any recommendations on realtors in the area with investor experience that can provide some answer to some of my questions such as if there are any regulations on short term rentals in the area, how the typical rental cycle has recently been performing, etc.

If anyone has had any experience in this market and would be willing to share their experiences, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be heading to NH in the coming week to explore some homes.

3Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Laconia, NH · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I have done short term (weekly) rentals in the Lakes region of New Hampshire. I think the regulations really depend on where you buy (need to check HOA regulations). VRBO, Homeaway or AirBnB can be good places ot check in your area for popular places, timeframe and weekly rental amounts. Important to know the regulations but also do the spreadsheet math to make sure it works. Good luck!

  • Contractor · North Conway, NH · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    @Noelle Maine the STR are pretty played out in our area. This is a second home community for the most part and everyone is doing Airbnb when they are not up themselves. The long term housing is slim to none tho. Your are able to charge what you would like (within reason) and have pick of the litter for tenants. Let me know if you have any other questions! I also work closely with badger realty in North Conway so if you are still looking for an agent I might be able to help as well!

    Best of luck!

    Christian Manhard

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.