Global Real Estate for the American Soul

Global Real Estate for the American Soul

Colorado, USA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Any American real estate investors here with experience investing in foreign markets (especially Europe) who would like to share their story?

One of my dreams has always been to build a global real estate network and spend time traveling to new destinations to evaluate markets, develop international networks, and learn more about the world. What are some perspectives, experiences, and lessons from those that have already foraged down this path? 

0Reply
17 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 658 posts · 626 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Adam Mcdowan:

    Any American real estate investors here with experience investing in foreign markets (especially Europe) who would like to share their story?

    One of my dreams has always been to build a global real estate network and spend time traveling to new destinations to evaluate markets, develop international networks, and learn more about the world. What are some perspectives, experiences, and lessons from those that have already foraged down this path? 

    My answer is going to sound like I'm being a smart aleck, but I own real estate in the United States, Japan, Hong Kong, China, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, Sweden, Canada, and Germany. I own my holdings through a publicly-traded mutual fund (there are many to choose from). I'm not into traveling and prefer to delegate the property selection and management to others who are more qualified than I am. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.