New investor looking for work in Portland, OR

New investor looking for work in Portland, OR

Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone! 

My name is Xavier Napala and I'm new to real estate investing. I just moved to Portland, Oregon and I'm looking for work, preferably one that aligns with REI. I have a degree in Accounting and Finance from University of Hawaii - Shidler College of Business.

Any suggestions on what I should pursue?

Also, if you are looking for someone with my background to join your team, please don't hesitate to contact me. I would love to help you and learn the REI business at the same time.

Thanks!

Xavier

1Reply
9 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 182 posts · 115 votes
    8y
    Either you got money or skills pal—- I would work corporate if you don’t have the cash or skills yet and connect with local guys who are doing the business. I did....
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi Benjamin, I've been working in corporate now for over 5 years so I've got some skills but still need to build up some cash. I've been to a few meet ups back home in Hawaii and I'm planning to join some here in Portland when I get a chance. Thanks for the suggestion!

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 182 posts · 115 votes
    8y
    Nice! You were UH when I was there 😎 Loved it. But supaaa expensive and few jobs. I was referred to a meetup called RareBird- maybe look it up?
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Oh wow, cool! Yup, supaaa expensive indeed and one of the reasons why we moved. Thanks, I'll check RareBird out.

  • Developer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 732 posts · 490 votes
    8y

    @Xavier Napala What kind of work are you looking for? Something geared towards an analyst role considering your degree, sales, management, etc

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi Neal, thanks for your response! An analyst role is something I would be interested in. I still have a lot to learn but I do have exprience from my previous job as a Financial Analyst at an electric utility company for about 3yrs. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Xavier Napala send me the link
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Sup Lane, good to hear from you! Here's my LinkedIn link www.linkedin.com/in/xaviernapala

  • Engineer · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    I would be interested in someone with construction skills
  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi Steve, I don't have a lot of construction skills except for patching holes on the wall and putting together IKEA furnitures. All kidding aside, I think I'm pretty handy with tools and I do have previous accounting experience working for a construction company.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.