Investor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hi! I have a question for all you seasoned buy and hold investors.... or anyone with any advice really. What kind of research do you do to avoid buying property in an area that might be difficult to rent? Thanks in advance!
Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 252 posts · 92 votes
8y
i look on zillow for rental comps all of the time. it might even tell you on zillow how many days that it was listed for rent. another thing is contacting a local property management company and asking them if there are renters looking in the area you're concerned about. i'm not exactly sure what you mean by "difficult to rent" though. hope this helps.
Investor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
8y
Yes this does help! Thank you.
I guess what I mean is that the calculations are all very helpful to determine if a rental investment is going to be a good deal but that is all dependent on the property renting.