How do I find market comps with out a real estate agent?

How do I find market comps with out a real estate agent?

Realtor · Statesville, NC · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 8 votes

Im just starting out in real estate and am still in the education stage right now but I wanted to go ahead and start searching out and analyzing deals. With out having access to the MLS how would you recommend that I go about looking at comps? I would like to look at deals in various markets. Is there a better way than by just contacting real estate agents in that area?

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
8y

@Sydney Tiffany, it's not always the most accurate, but you can use zillow recently solds to get a rough idea.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 117 posts · 55 votes
    8y
    @Sydney Tiffany these days we are lucky to have 3rd party companies providing licensed mls comps. Therefore, it’s more easier than ever to get cma without an agent. Just search for your city’s mls software vendors.
  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    @Sydney Tiffany, it's not always the most accurate, but you can use zillow recently solds to get a rough idea.

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 834 posts · 449 votes
    8y

    Ask to become an assistant to a local RE agent. Normally you will get MLS access that way. It will cost a some $ to sign up with the local board but well worth it.

  • Realtor · Statesville, NC · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Sammy G.Interesting, any credible sites that you would recommend?

    @Danny Webber Thank you for your advice, I plan on doing just that.

  • Carolina · Member since 2017 · 519 posts · 222 votes
    8y

    @Sammy G.   I second the request above. What exactly are you referencing? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.