Finding tenant for a one bathroom SFR in Atlanta area

Finding tenant for a one bathroom SFR in Atlanta area

Rental Property Investor · Lilburn, GA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi, BP Community! Newbie question... I have a 3/2 SFR in Lawrenceville, GA that's currently going through a tenant turnover and will be renting around $1,300. I may have an opportunity to pick up a 3/1 in the same subdivision, but am concerned because I've heard that it can be difficult to fill a one bathroom SFR. Assuming my research is accurate, similar 3/1 houses rent for around $1,100/mo. However, I've seen a couple 3/1s renting for below $900. At $1,100, the numbers work for me, but not so enticing at $900. I've not had any difficulty filling the 3/2, but feel a bit gun shy pulling the trigger on a single bath. Any experienced advice is much appreciated!

0Reply
5 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • RE Investor · Newnan, GA · Member since 2015 · 309 posts · 132 votes
    8y
    @Kyle Snyder I have not had a problem getting market rent on properties with 1 bath vs. 2 bath. Tenants have mostly cared about bedrooms, square footage, location and level of finishes.
  • Rental Property Investor · Lilburn, GA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks, Rush. I appreciate the input. That definitely makes me more comfortable with this option. I'm still a little concerned about the range of rent prices I'm seeing. Think I'll drive by some of the lower priced ones to try discerning reason for the price difference.

  • Member since 2018 · 79 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Rush,

      I will send you email about my questions. Thanks. Florentina

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.