New investor-wholesaling- Brooksville florida

4 Replies

hi everyone! is there anyone in my area that has experience in wholesaling. I'm looking to absorb as much information as I can before setting out to do this on my own! I'm 30nyears old and just now restarting my life. my passion for real estate is what has led me to this forum. I'm excited to start putting my plans into action but just need a little guidance along the way. Any tips and advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Welcome to BP, be prepared for a lot of mixed opinions/emotions regarding wholesaling. Since I am in Florida, the first thing I would recommend is for you to get your RE license. Although it's rarely enforced, the state does in fact look upon wholesaling as brokering without a license. Just because it's rarely enforced doesn't mean it won't/can't be enforced and you'd hate to be one of the first people to deal with the consequences. Having the license is super beneficial because you can earn additional income from helping friends/family and also convert non wholesale deals to listings if the seller isn't motivated enough. 

The other advice I'll offer is to not try and absorb a ton of information from lots of different people. Wholesaling can be done many different ways and there are many different strategies. If you start trying to do all of them, you're going to get very overwhelmed.

Lastly, don't let anyone tell you that wholesaling doesn't work or it can't be done. Although I also do flips and rentals, I still wholesale plenty of properties every year. 

Best of luck! Reach out if you need any help.