Preparing on buying my first real estate for rental

Preparing on buying my first real estate for rental

Edinburg/McAllen TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Eyeing a 4-plex. Plan is to rent 3 units and live in one for a start. Any suggestions on what to ask or look out while negotiation lasts, would be appreciated! I have never bought real estate before and this would be my very first!

0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I would recommend you network and find someone that is really familiar with your area to help with this. You definitely want to know that your estimated rents are accurate and know what the rental/tenant market in that area is like. I am more conservative when it comes to numbers, so I would recommend budgeting to have to pay all mortgage and expenses for a few months while you get tenants in. As long as you are able to comfortably cover all expenses in the worst case scenario, you should be good. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.