Wondering if this is a good deal or not?

Wondering if this is a good deal or not?

Real Estate Agent · Providence, RI · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 4 votes

Hi all!

I've been a listening to the BiggerPockets podcasts for a while now and this is my first post. I recently came across a property that I'm interested in purchasing as an investment (it would be my first) but I'm not sure if it is a good deal or not. How would I go about determining this?

-Nate

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2017 · 199 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP! Im not an expert yet, but you need to know your numbers.  Are you buying it as a fix and flip or to hold it as a rental?

  • Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    I've still yet to purchase my first property, but I'm closing in on it. When I'm sifting through potential investments I do a simple rough estimate using the 4 square system to evaluate the potential cash flow. Works fairly well, and you can do it off the top of your head pretty easily. 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=737&v=T_7vhsSBi7c

  • Real Estate Agent · Providence, RI · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Thank you for the tips and glad to be here! Jake I would buy and hold as a rental. Alex I will check that out. Thank you for the link! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.