Looking for a CPA to discuss forming a Series LLC in Utah.

Looking for a CPA to discuss forming a Series LLC in Utah.

Flipper/Rehabber · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes

I'm new to real estate investing and would like to connect with a CPA to discuss the pros and cons of forming a Series LLC in Utah. I'm interested in investments both in Utah and out of state and from my research it appears that I may run into issues in other states with this type of entity?

0Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2018 · 219 posts · 182 votes
    7y

    Victor with tax plus is really wonderful at explaining benefits, negatives, and different strategies to best fit your business. I would call him.  I would also speak to a couple of others to get a few different opinions and ideas before moving foreword in any particular direction.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Thank you for your recommendation!  I'll give him a call.

  • Linda WeygantPro Member
    Investor and CPA · Arvada, CO · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Investing within an LLC has nothing to do with taxes. You should be speaking to an attorney.

    From a taxation point of view, an LLC does nothing for you. It's all reported and taxed exactly the same.

    This assumes that you're talking about buy-n-hold, not flipping or something else.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.