Specialist · Oviedo, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
Hi everyone,
My name is Arteyjha and I’m new to this wholesaling real estate but super excited and ready to get started with creating my business. I have my owners address my postcard letters I’m going to send out. But the homes I love to look at and I know I would be able to sell are vacant homes. Even though I see the potential I think what scares me is ; I can’t understand why someone would want to purchase these homes because they are not liveable. I guess my question is ; where am I looking for buyers/inveators for my pretty ugly homes.????
Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y
Dude, don't worry. These "unlivable" homes are the best best best homes to deal with. The reason why is, of course depending how bad they are, (unliveable is great, teardown... not so much).
This is because there is equity, and the sellers have pretty much no other option than selling it to a cash buyer. You can't list such a home with an agent, and no (conventional) buyer will get financing for such a house.
So that part you got covered.
As for buyers. Once you have a good deal it is easy to get buyers. Keep this in mind, buyers are not doing you a favor to be on your list. YOU are doing THEM favor by providing them deals.
Don't act like they do you a favor. The way I get buyers is by starting to tell them, why should I put you on my list? They need to show me they have purchased houses in cash regularly. How do I get away with this? I get amazing deals coming in daily. I show them with a screenshot of my email being flooded with sellers begging me to buy their house.
like so:
Once you can show you provide value to them, they will be begging you to be added. Before you know it you will have the reputation of being THE lead provider and you will be the golden buy. What happens then, is funny. The second you advertise a contract people will throw their deposit money at you before they even look at the house. They know I have a reputation of providing ONLY home run deals and whatever deal I throw out there is a good deal, and there is no need to doubt.
HOWEVER:
For this to happen DO NOT BE LIKE 99% OF THE WHOLESALERS.
For pete sake people, learn how to give accurate numbers. Don't exaggerate the ARV and don't skimp o the cost of repairs. This is IMPORTANT. This is what will stand you out from all the rest. You have to build that reputation.
But once you do get this done, you are set man!
Remember, you do not need 300 buyers on you lest, you need just 3 - 6 buyers for every city you are covering. And most buyers cover more than just one city. So you should be fine with about 30 buyers.
Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
7y
The easiest potential cash buyers will be investment companies in the area where you are looking for homes. Surely there are some in your local area. You can usually pay for a list of all cash buyer sales for your area. THats a good place to start.
Specialist · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 239 posts · 117 votes
7y
There's a billion places. You can send direct mail to cash buyers. Buying the list from listsource of the recent cash transactions. You can network through BP, FB, and others. You can call landlords and on renters websites. Many options!
Flipper/Rehabber · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2010 · 623 posts · 615 votes
7y
@Arteyjha Thompson Real estate investing is not something to do with no education. Be sure to attend all your local investor meetings to learn the language, get education, and meet other investors who will help you with your business including buying from you and selling to you.
You can find these meetings on MeetUp.com and NationalREIA.org.
Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y
Dude, don't worry. These "unlivable" homes are the best best best homes to deal with. The reason why is, of course depending how bad they are, (unliveable is great, teardown... not so much).
This is because there is equity, and the sellers have pretty much no other option than selling it to a cash buyer. You can't list such a home with an agent, and no (conventional) buyer will get financing for such a house.
So that part you got covered.
As for buyers. Once you have a good deal it is easy to get buyers. Keep this in mind, buyers are not doing you a favor to be on your list. YOU are doing THEM favor by providing them deals.
Don't act like they do you a favor. The way I get buyers is by starting to tell them, why should I put you on my list? They need to show me they have purchased houses in cash regularly. How do I get away with this? I get amazing deals coming in daily. I show them with a screenshot of my email being flooded with sellers begging me to buy their house.
like so:
Once you can show you provide value to them, they will be begging you to be added. Before you know it you will have the reputation of being THE lead provider and you will be the golden buy. What happens then, is funny. The second you advertise a contract people will throw their deposit money at you before they even look at the house. They know I have a reputation of providing ONLY home run deals and whatever deal I throw out there is a good deal, and there is no need to doubt.
HOWEVER:
For this to happen DO NOT BE LIKE 99% OF THE WHOLESALERS.
For pete sake people, learn how to give accurate numbers. Don't exaggerate the ARV and don't skimp o the cost of repairs. This is IMPORTANT. This is what will stand you out from all the rest. You have to build that reputation.
But once you do get this done, you are set man!
Remember, you do not need 300 buyers on you lest, you need just 3 - 6 buyers for every city you are covering. And most buyers cover more than just one city. So you should be fine with about 30 buyers.
It's quite easy when it comes to finding an investor. The first thing you would want as a wholesaler is to network with other investors and put them in your list. Once you get enough of them in your list it would be just a matter of time to close your deal. As @Karen mentioned, try to attend local investor meetings and build your network.
Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y
you will laugh at this but I am a robotics scientist having worked in top 3 leading VIP facilities around. It takes a certain mindset to be in such an innovating field. My entire life has been one of deciphering understanding and making better.
When the average person reads "Google wants back links" they get back links. I don't. I decipher what the Google algorithm may be and why they want back links. I extract the reasoning behind it. I then test and create my own seo methodologies satisfying those reasons and more. Much like creating and inventing new technologies I create new seo trends and constantly test them out. What works gets filed under great ideas and what doesn't I feed my competitors making them think those methods bring success. Then I giggle evilly when I see their ranks drop. Keeps them on their toes.