Investing in Western Mass (Greater Springfield area)

Investing in Western Mass (Greater Springfield area)

Investor · Springfield, MA · Member since 2011 · 37 posts · 4 votes

Hello everyone!

I am just starting out in my real estate investing career, with wholesaling. I’m trying to fine the best REIA club; we have none in Springfield, MA. The nearest club in state is located in Worcester which is a completely different city/market more than an hour away. I also have a club in Hartford, CT; they are about 45 minutes away. I understand that this is the best way to network; as well as start your power team. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts. I have not completed my first deal yet; I’m very excited too! I’m still building the foundation for my marketing. I work retail full time and I’m on a shoe string budget for marketing.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

0Reply
52 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Dublin, OH · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 291 votes
    15y

    Hello Tristan,

    and welcome to BP. I´m not from the states but if you don´t find an REI club in your (big?) town why not establish one?
    Talk with REI members from Worcester and Hartford, maybe they can support you ... and if not, you will find many experienced members here on BP.

    -Uwe

  • Investor · Tewksbury, MA · Member since 2010 · 59 posts · 17 votes
    15y

    There is a lot of distressed (cheap) property in W.Mass you just need to know the area that you are buying and more importantly which areas to stay away from. Areas of Springfield/Chicopee/Worcester can be rough.

  • Wholesaler · Three Rivers, MA · Member since 2013 · 77 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Hey Tristan, I'm also getting started in this area. I am also on a shoestring budget but that hasn't stopped my momentum. Let's talk about pulling a meeting together in this area. I don't think we will have a problem. I happen to have a good friend who is heavily (2 actually) involved in the Worcester REIA. Again, this is an amazing business and there is a ton of money to be made in this area. Maybe we can get to know each other and wholesale deals to each other at some point.

  • Investor · Easley, SC · Member since 2013 · 248 posts · 51 votes
    13y

    Tristan, most creia groups have a FREE email listserv, such as yahoo, with thousands of local investors and investor related providers. Anyone can join this moderated list and receive tons of great deals, referrals and other good advice from local investors and professionals. You don't have to be a member of the creia groups to join the listservs. I recommend you researching all creia groups surrounding the areas you are going to be targeting and join their email groups. Good luck.

  • West Springfield, MA · Member since 2013 · 188 posts · 52 votes
    12y

    One new Meetup for Real estate investors just started this month in Agawam.

    (http://www.meetup.com/Western-Mass-Northern-CT-Real-Estate-Investors-Group/members/).

    BTW - please add me to your contact list for any wholesaling deals you have in WMass. Thanks and good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.