Questions to ask a real estate lawyer

Questions to ask a real estate lawyer

Flipper/Rehabber · Port Saint Lucie, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
I'm getting started in real estate n I would like to know what kind of questions should I ask an attorney.
0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Boise/Portland · Member since 2017 · 709 posts · 742 votes
7y
Originally posted by @Eli Geneus:
@Bob Floss II guys thank you for the feedback. I got great questions to ask just from answers. Most important of all just like you said I need to be clear and concise about my goals and my intentions. Gained a lot of clarity. Thank you for your time

Sometimes I've found the need to ask the attorney or CPA what I'm missing. In other words, ask them to advise you beyond what you're asking them. They may have sugestions/advice in addition to the handful of questions you're presenting. Pay them for ALL of their advice relevant to your REI needs. Good luck.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Boise/Portland · Member since 2017 · 709 posts · 742 votes
    7y

    Regarding what? Asset protection, preparing purchase agreements, preparing Title documents, setting up an LLC, serving as your POA? Or all of the above and more? :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Port Saint Lucie, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Matthew McNeil all these sound like the type of questions I'd want to ask.
  • Attorney · Northbrook, IL · Member since 2017 · 719 posts · 549 votes
    7y

    @Eli Geneus You need to have an idea why you are meeting with the attorney. Tell them your goals or what you are trying to achieve in real estate and they will help fill in the blanks.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Port Saint Lucie, FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Bob Floss II guys thank you for the feedback. I got great questions to ask just from answers. Most important of all just like you said I need to be clear and concise about my goals and my intentions. Gained a lot of clarity. Thank you for your time
  • Rental Property Investor · Boise/Portland · Member since 2017 · 709 posts · 742 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Eli Geneus:
    @Bob Floss II guys thank you for the feedback. I got great questions to ask just from answers. Most important of all just like you said I need to be clear and concise about my goals and my intentions. Gained a lot of clarity. Thank you for your time

    Sometimes I've found the need to ask the attorney or CPA what I'm missing. In other words, ask them to advise you beyond what you're asking them. They may have sugestions/advice in addition to the handful of questions you're presenting. Pay them for ALL of their advice relevant to your REI needs. Good luck.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.