Votes
JAMES Coleman
  • Sterling, CO
Votes |
What would you do?

JAMES Coleman
  • Sterling, CO
Posted Jun 30 2011, 11:05

My wife and I are selling our house locally and have always wanted to live in southern California, anywhere between San Diego and Orange County. When we sell our home, we will have a year and a half of living expenses in the bank and are contemplating making the move to the San Diego area.

My training and experience is in law enforcement and I’ve studied my job options in SoCal, which look fairly promising (it’s just tough to land a cop job out of state without living in the area). That being said, I’ve always been fascinated with real estate investing and real estate in general. I would prefer to work in real estate full time as compared to being a cop (good pay and benefits, but not without some big negatives).

So here is the question:

If you wanted to start a career in real estate and didn’t have to make a sizeable wage for 1.5 years, what would you do and how would you do it? I’m very interested in rehabbing and general investing, but would also like to do what I can to learn about real estate transactions and real estate in general.

Ideas?

Jim

Loading replies...