Generating Leads - How can I find an owner's address to contact?

Generating Leads - How can I find an owner's address to contact?

Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hi I'm Emily and I'm new on Bigger Pockets! I've been attending Brandon's webinars and am ready to start generating leads to buy my first property! There are tons of great multifamily properties in my neighborhood, that I would be happy to purchase - the problem is contacting the owners. None of the properties are listed for sale, so how do I find the owner to ask if they would be interested in selling?

I would appreciate any ideas or tricks to finding this information (and also tips on what to say to an owner to convince them to sell me their property once I contact them!)

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Birmingham, MI · Member since 2016 · 60 posts · 71 votes
    7y
    @Emily Jones County Clerk/Register of Deeds website is fastest way to figuring out who owns a property. The from there Google, Facebook, or skip tracing.
  • Real Estate Broker · Watertown, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Emily Jones  as @Account Closed said, every county/city should have a website with a parcel search function which will give you an addresses legal owner and their mailing address.  You can also seek out a real estate agent and have them leverage their tools to find this data.

    Or you can just leave a letter in the mailbox explaining who you are and ask to be forwarded to the owner.  I've had a lot of tenants forward my DM letters to the owner of the property.

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 96 votes
    7y

    @Emily Jones There's an app called land guide. It runs off your GPS on your phone and will pick up all the property information around you and even follow you as you drive.

    You can see parcel size and number, owner information, zoning, and more. There is a 30 day trial then a small fee, like $14.99 a month.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.