Calculator to estimate tax refund for a given property

Calculator to estimate tax refund for a given property

Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 5 votes

is there a calculator to estimate what your tax refund would be if your income is a certain amount per year and you buy a property for a given amount? You’d think there be a calculator so at least we could have some idea the amount of tax advantages we’d receive.

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Nancy Lucca As far as I'm aware, the IRS doesn't give tax refunds for buying properties, so I'm not sure what your question is. Can you clarify please?

  • Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Ok maybe not a tax refund but a tax write off. For example, if I buy a personal residence for 400k and my earned income is 90k how much mortgage interest can I write off the first year, the second year etc? Then how can I compute that to find out what my tax refund will be at the end of the year? If I have more write offs my tax refund should be bigger. How can I get some ballpark numbers? There’s got to be a calculator somewhere. Everyone talks about the tax advantages of real estate there’s got to be a way to compute it before u buy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.