How to search for the right house rennovator / contractor?

How to search for the right house rennovator / contractor?

Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 2 votes

Hello all,
I bought a house to rent out and I'm in the middle of a total renovation.

My guy friend was basically doing all the renovation work ,except for the cabinets, countertops and a few other things.  Now there's still a lot of work left to do and I'd like to rent it out by next month. 

I'm not sure where to start to find the right general maintenance/contractor people to finish the job? 

Stuff that still needs to be done , in no particular order:

* Grouting 

*  Caulking some ceiling areas in bathrooms

* Install of moldings

* Paint one bathroom

* Install big bathroom mirrors and medicine cabinets,

* Install lights

* Install glass half shower door

* Replace a rotten fascia board and install gutterguard

Any pointers on how and where to get started would be great.

I'm in Gainesville Florida , if it matters.

Thanks!  :)

0Reply
20 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, Florida Area · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 48 votes
    7y

    @Cynthia Brownlee I know a good contractor, message me.

  • Real Estate Investor · Gainesville, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    If I were you, I might go to Home Depot and Lowe's early in the morning to the contractors check out counter and talk to the guys coming out.  Same with painting shops like Sherwin Williams, etc.

  • Investor · UT · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Cynthia B. We have a huge number of contractors where I live, both good and not so much. Some advice that local flippers told me was to talk to local RE agents, mortgage lenders, etc and see who they knew of since they lived here longer than we did. This gave me a list of 5 contractors that were pretty decent. We also used Angie's list and found one more. Then we started calling them to have a brief phone interview and invite them to our house to bid the repairs. Of the 6 contractors, only one made it on time and he was a great resource. We have been using him for ourselves and recommending him to others. Goodluck!

  • Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Thanks guys for the replies :)  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.