Needing Land investing course advice

Needing Land investing course advice

Greeley, CO · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP,

I am in need for honest no BS advice. I am in the search for a land investing course. I have been all over the internet looking and what’s available out there. I’ve found LandAcademy, The Land Geek, RETipster, Land Flippers, Land Profit Generator so far. Has anyone recently bought any of these courses and applied what what teach, and have you had success or failures? Please give me the good bad and the ugly, I want it all before I commit to anything.

Thanks

Dalton

0Reply
93 views

Most Popular Reply

Linda HastingsPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Stockdale, TX · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 202 votes
7y

@Dalton Checketts I have taken @Seth Williams’ REtipster course, so that’s the only one I can speak to from personal experience. I know someone who did Land Geek who thought it was not very well organized, but, again, I haven’t taken that one so can’t comment on it. 

I thought the REtipster course was very well organized and easy to follow. Seth is also pretty responsive to questions. A lot of the information in the course is also available on the blog for free, but the course does a good job of putting it all together in a good order and going into more detail. You also get a lot of templates (postcards, blind offers, purchase agreement, etc). Obviously, there are some things that are state specific, so you’ll want to be sure the templates work for your situation before using, but they are a really helpful starting point. 

As for actual results, I’ll preface it by saying that I’m doing land investing part time, so I’ve probably gone a bit slower than you could depending on how much time and other commitments you have. I have sent mailers to two counties. Got one property under contract, but it ultimately fell through due to title issues (a messy inheritance situation). I am currently under contract to buy another one, which should hopefully close soon. So, I haven’t yet gone through the full buy/sell process, but I am confident that what I’ve learned in the course has prepared me to get through the full transaction. The forum has also been really helpful.

Hope that helps, but if you have questions, feel free to PM me. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    7y

    Hey, @Dalton Checketts. I started and own LandAcademy.com. I encourage you to ask this question on land investors. Our members will tell you the complete truth.  Here are the facts: As a group, we send about 250K offers to owners a month and buy and resell about 300 properties. We are licensed providers of RealQuest Pro, TitlePro 24/7 and DataTree.  That said, we are also the most expensive. Our investment method works best if you intend to do this as a business, not a hobby. We just launched land tank beta yesterday in an effort to fund our members who are finding great deals and need financial partners to complete the transaction. It sold out in 2 hours. Hope this helps. PM me necessary.

  • Linda HastingsPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Stockdale, TX · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 202 votes
    7y

    @Dalton Checketts I have taken @Seth Williams’ REtipster course, so that’s the only one I can speak to from personal experience. I know someone who did Land Geek who thought it was not very well organized, but, again, I haven’t taken that one so can’t comment on it. 

    I thought the REtipster course was very well organized and easy to follow. Seth is also pretty responsive to questions. A lot of the information in the course is also available on the blog for free, but the course does a good job of putting it all together in a good order and going into more detail. You also get a lot of templates (postcards, blind offers, purchase agreement, etc). Obviously, there are some things that are state specific, so you’ll want to be sure the templates work for your situation before using, but they are a really helpful starting point. 

    As for actual results, I’ll preface it by saying that I’m doing land investing part time, so I’ve probably gone a bit slower than you could depending on how much time and other commitments you have. I have sent mailers to two counties. Got one property under contract, but it ultimately fell through due to title issues (a messy inheritance situation). I am currently under contract to buy another one, which should hopefully close soon. So, I haven’t yet gone through the full buy/sell process, but I am confident that what I’ve learned in the course has prepared me to get through the full transaction. The forum has also been really helpful.

    Hope that helps, but if you have questions, feel free to PM me. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Dalton Checketts. Hi Dalton.

    Been doing Land Academy for almost one year in one week our net worth was $150k!! Jack and Jill along with all their active members are beyond helpful. You won’t regret it. If you DO IT...you will get results.

    Blessings.

  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Dalton Checketts, which one did ya decide to go with, and how's it going ?

    @Elizabeth Alani sounds like you are kicking some butt with the Land Academy teachings

    Thanks for the update @Linda Hastings on Seth's program.  I am in the middle of deciding on a land course to run with!  How is it going with the land investing now?

  • Linda HastingsPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Stockdale, TX · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 202 votes
    7y

    @Anthony C Palacino Since my last post, I've done 2 deals from buy to sell, I have 2 that I purchased recently and am marketing for sale, and 2 more under contract to purchase. I've also had a couple more that I had under contract to purchase, but fell through due to messy title situations or lack of access. 

    Again, I'm only doing this part time, so your mileage may vary depending on how much time you devote to it, but overall I'm happy with how it is going so far.

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hi guys. I'm new here but I need some help bad. I work at a job I really don't like. I work 60+ hours a week and I just need something else out of life. I want to get into land investing. I just don't know what course to enroll into? I saw Land Investing Pros course on Instagram and was going to pull the trigger on it. But I just want to get an idea of what is a course I can enroll in and will get the results from?  I really appreciate the help. Thanks

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I'm new and taking my first Masterclass with Land Profits. They are having a 5 day FREE CLASS. They do have a repaly on their Facebook with a Jack & Michelle Bosc.h. So far so good. Wealth of info

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    @Linda Hastings How are things going now? I'm deciding between Seth's course and Land Geek and wanted to see how you are faring :) . 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.