My landlord in Charlotte, NC contacted me several months after I asked if he was willing to sell. He said he does want to sell now to unload this mortgage.
Since a real estate agent would not have to list, show, locate buyer/seller, etc... Should we look for a dual agent for a discounted commission to broker this deal? Assuming that we can agree on a fair (as is) price, what would a commission be to broker this deal for us?
Realtor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 357 posts · 292 votes
7y
Hi Steven,
My name is Laura, a local Realtor here in Charlotte. Alicia is right, you could use an attorney to draw up the paperwork for you. I would, however, recommend getting an agent to help you with the sale. In NC, agents are traditionally paid for by the seller so it would be of no cost to you. They would also make sure you’re protected and paying a fair price for the property. There are a lot of things to think about when buying a home, and an agent will walk you through all of that. This is a huge investment for you and my job is to make sure it’s protected. I’d love to chat with you further to see if I can be of any help. I’ll send you a PM a with my contact info.